Saturday, November 22, 2008

IDC Scripting Reference

I've been doing a fair amount of IDC scripting lately and just thought I would mention that I found a great resource for IDC functions hosted at http://d-dome.net/idapython. The documentation is a little bit vague here and there but for the most part this is one of the best IDC references I've found. It was originally meant as a reference for idapython but the reference maps directly to the IDC scripting APIs.

So what am I working on? Right now I'm working on a simple IDC which is basically an extension of bugscam by Halvar Flake. The purpose behind it all is to find vulnerabilities in an automated way within a binary. So far I've implemented simple function searching using cross references to find all locations of where a certain function is called. Also I got some code to do some stack frame analysis on the functions which call the potentially vulnerable function. Next I plan on adding some code to find integer casting and truncation issues along with a few other features.

I'll likely release the IDC script once I've done some in depth testing. So keep an eye out.

5 comments:

BAK said...

Hey did you make an improved bugscam yet? thx

vishal vishwakarma said...

thank u for posting such a good information
Reverse Engineering in USA

jonas said...

Nice blog!!!!!!!.
ReverseEngineering

SixD Engineering Solutions Pvt Ltd said...

Wow it is really wonderful and awesome thus it is very much useful for me to understand many concepts and helped me a lot. it is really explainable very well and i got more information from your blog.
3D Laser Scanning Targets

SixD Engineering Solutions said...

This information is really awesome thanks for sharing most valuable information.
Scan to BIM in California
3d Laser Scanning Services in Georgia
Reverse Engineering Services in California
Point cloud to 3D Model Reading